Thanks to all of you who will be joining us for our 50th Class Reunion Weekend.
EBHS 1969 Class Reunion Association Bylaws
The name of this association shall be the EBHS 1969 Class Reunion Association, herein referred to as the “Association.”
The purpose of the Association shall be to promote the cultural, and social interests of the Association, to strengthen the Association through a strong network of East Bakersfield High School alumni and classmates to increase Association awareness.
Section 1. Any person who graduated (alumni) during the year of 1969, or attended (classmate) East Bakersfield High School during the years of 1965-1972 automatically qualifies to become and remains a member of the Association through sharing their interest to do so. Persons who attended earlier or later to those years can also be members of the Association through their request to an existing member of their interest to do so.
Section 2. Members of the Association will receive Association notices and publications, member-directed mailings and/or e-mail communications and may participate in Association events and activities.
Section 3. Associate membership shall be available to all who have "instructed" at East Bakersfield High School, or is a "friend" of an East Bakersfleld High School classmate and has declared their interest to an existing member in becoming an associate member of the Association. The Association will promulgate further eligibility criteria, as necessary for associate membership. These criteria must be reviewed and approved by members at each Annual Meeting.
Section 4. Associate members will receive Association notices and publications, member-directed mailings and/or e-mail communications issued by the Association and may participate in Association events and activities.
The goals are set:
• Build awareness, understanding and unity among the alumni, classmates, members and associate members as to the developments of the Association.
• Provide members and associate members input on Association issues.
• Support recruitment efforts and provide a network of contacts to this end.
• Conduct social and cultural activities that are of interest to alumni, classmates, members and associate members.
• Encourage the members and associate members to provide and update their information with the Association’s Executive Committees. Identify ways members and associate members can be involved in supporting the Association’s specific goals and encourage distinguished alumni and classmates to serve as participants in these efforts.
• Increase alumni, classmates', members' and associate members' participation in the Association’s activities, including financial and other types of support.